One Study Tip That Will Save Weeks of Study Time
At the stage of higher degree education, hard work is valued less than the application of clever strategies. In contrast to studying for weeks at a time, and learning each component of the paper, students benefit more by studying in a manner which caters to their individualistic learning style.
Most students fail to receive high grades, despite spending hours in preparation due to their inability to learn in a suitable manner. As a result, it is essential for individuals to try and test out different strategies and select the style which assists in retaining a large proportion of information. The following learning styles are based on Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences. Students can test out the ensuing strategies and apply the one which yields the best results:
- Visual or spatial: The visual or spatial learners rely on visual data to increase their ability to learn. These individuals are known as right-brained learners as they hold proficient capabilities to interpret graphs, read maps and use visual cues to learn and retain information. Students who are visual learners can take advantage of technological advances and imagery software programs to carry out their study sessions. In addition to this, students can create custom notes which can instantly grasp their attention. By this means, they are able to retain the information for a longer period of time.
- Verbal: Verbal learners use spoken language to enhance their rate of retention. These students are able to encode and recall more information when it is processed through the auditory sense. Students who are verbal listeners are recommended to watch tutorial videos and repeat the content to learn it appropriately. Moreover, these individuals can carry out their learning sessions by reading out loud. This process allows the information to be processed via the auditory sense.
- Logical: The logical learners use the problem-solution phenomenon to study. Having advanced capabilities in mathematical and logical reasoning, these individuals thrive in the conditions where abstract learning is involved. Rather than focusing on the material provided, logical learners direct their emphasis on classifying and organising information. These individuals educate themselves on the concepts rather than revising the subject matter. Students who are logical learners can carry out their study sessions by setting goals for themselves. By following a carefully created schedule, logical learners can study appropriately.
- Auditory: Parallel to verbal learners, auditory learners use language to augment their learning ability. Students who excel in this learning style use read aloud and hold a conversation to increase their learning ability. Auditory learners can carry out their study sessions by staying active in a classroom environment, participating in discussions and debates and by watching videos online. As these individuals study by listening to the other party, their reliance on language allows them to remember and retain information.
- Social: Social or interpersonal learners educate themselves via interaction with others. These individuals are dependent on their peers when it comes to studying. The most expedient style of learning for this group of students is group study sessions. By partaking in group study sessions, students can feed off of each other’s knowledge and consequently, study the subject matter comprehensively. The students with social learning skills can further engage in role-playing in their study sessions. For instance, to learn a history-related subject, the individual can act out the scenes with their peers to enhance their learning.
- Interpersonal: Interpersonal learners are well-versed in their knowledge of self. This provides them with an advantage as these individuals are well-informed regarding their strengths and weaknesses. Students with interpersonal intelligence hold the ability to study appropriately in a manner which is the most suitable for them. Fundamentally, these students prefer to study alone in a quiet, noise-controlled environment. They lay out goals for their study sessions, and follow them religiously.
- Physical: Physical intelligence refers to students holding natural talents in areas such as sports, dance, and anything related to movement. These memories of these individuals are influenced by movement and motion. To carry out study sessions with this intelligence, students can link the course material with the dance steps. Role-playing, miming, and hand on learning can further be helpful for students with physical or bodily-kinesthetic intelligence.
- Naturalistic: Naturalistic learners enhance their memory by discovering the patterns in nature and applying the act of reasoning to understand the subject matter. For these students to excel in exams, their study patterns can include details investigation of the subject matter along with philosophical questioning to enhance their learning.
By applying the techniques above, students can save time and increase their rate of retention. In order to find the time to carry out a study session, students can hire an assignment help UK facility for their academic projects.